As a financial services provider, Oberbank is particularly committed to contributing to increasing financial literacy in society. Raising awareness in a sustainable way can only be successful if education starts at a young age.
Oberbank strengthens financial competences and knowledge of sustainable investment opportunities through:
- Lectures and workshops in schools and universities (e.g., at universities in cooperation with Univ.-Prof.in Dr.in Eva Wagner from the Johannes Kepler University Linz as part of the master’s programme Finance & Accounting)
- academic theses and university projects in the field of sustainability (close cooperation with Johannes Kepler University Linz)
- Furthermore, with the online wealth magazine called #jetztvermögen, a monthly market commentary is published, that helps customers assess the market situation and thus promotes financial literacy
The online magazine is only available in German, please find it here
Donations and sponsorships
As a successful financial enterprise, Oberbank is aware of its social responsibility towards society and exercises this responsibility, among other things, in the form of targeted donations& sponsorships.
Donations& Sponsorship should not be an end in itself, but rather require a targeted selection of sponsoring partners and a strategic approach. Oberbank’s primary objective is to contribute to social and economic stability through donations& sponsoring.
To name a few of our sponsorships:
- Sports: Oberbank Linz Danube Marathon, ULC Linz, the women’s football team of TSV Ottensheim
- In the cultural field, in addition to events, for example, St. Florian Boys’ Choir, the Operetta Festival, the Anton Bruckner Private University and the Linz School of Music.
To name a few of our donations:
- In the social sector, for example, Volkshilfe, volunteer fire brigades, Caritas and Kinderkrebshilfe (children’s cancer charity) (children's cancer charity). Further support goes to public institutions such as educational establishments and hospitals.
For further details on our ongoing sponsorships and donations
Sponsorship guidelines: Our values, regionalism and anti-discrimination as key elements
All of Oberbank’s sponsoring and charitable donation activities are based on the following strategic guiding principles:
- In keeping with the strategy and the values of the Bank
- Relevant contribution to Oberbank and society
- No activities that could adversely affect the well-being of society or negatively affect a large proportion of stakeholders
- With an established benefit, aim to carry out sponsorships in the long term
- Openness and curiosity, including for innovative, small projects
- Credo “in the region, for the region”: focus on regional projects
- No discrimination: Neither political affiliation nor gender, denomination or origin of the applicants may influence their selection.
Every major sponsorship of Oberbank is based on a contract that specifies all services to be rendered by the sponsor and the recipient of the sponsorship. The sponsorship recipients usually provide corresponding documentation of the activities carried out (pictures, press articles, etc.).
For more information on exactly which activities are sponsored by Oberbank, please follow this link
Sustainability Award FERONIA
In 2023, Oberbank joined forces with OÖ Nachrichten and the State of Upper Austria to issue the FERONIA Sustainability Award for the first time. This award was presented to sustainable and climate-conscious companies, initiatives and associations based in Upper Austria. The winners were selected by a panel of mostly independent judges and representatives of the sponsoring organisations with broad expertise in sustainability, ranging from environmental and social issues to arts and culture.
Further information on the application process
Partnership with impactory– platform for social commitment
impactory is a platform for social engagement that supports companies in making their social engagement interactive and measuring their impact. impactory connects committed companies and charitable projects via a donation platform. In order to be able to actively involve employees, customers and business partners in our social commitment and to generate more awareness for charitable projects, Oberbank has entered into a partnership with impactory.
To Oberbank’s own impact page
As a joint project, the unavoidable CO2 emissions generated in the course of the FERONIA Gala 2023 for the presentation of the first Upper Austrian Sustainability Award were calculated together with impactory. To compensate, Oberbank supports the climate project Wilderness Dürrenstein-Lassingtal.